[program-l] TeX Live installer windows install

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Tue Jan 10 11:26:00 CET 2023

On Mon, Jan 09, 2023 at 02:49:15PM +0000, Jonathan Fine wrote:
> Hi David
>
> I'm a sighted user of TeX Live, but only on Linux and I'm busy right now.
> I'm copying this response to three other lists, where there might be
> someone who can help you before I can get to this.
>
> The three lists are the tex-live and accessibility lists on tug.org, and
> the Blind Maths list. The appendix gives both text and URL for your

I guess you found the text-mode installer. If not, see further down.

The text installer prints a text screen which describes your options,
represented by letters inside <> brackets. E.g. in the first screen
you can simply type 'I', followed by the Enter key, to start
installation.

It is a big installation, 8 or 9 GB. If that is a problem, you can
type S for Schem, followed by the Enter key, and then choose a
smaller scheme, e.g. b, then return to the main screen by R, and
then I for Install.

If you did not yet find the text installer: download and unpack the
zipfile
https://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/install-tl.zip, rather
than install-tl-windows.exe. This bypasses the gui 'pre-installer'.

Everything in the unpacked zipfile is in a subdirectory
install-tl-xxxxxx. There you find the main installer,
install-tl-windows.bat, which runs with a text interface if you give
it an option '-no-gui' or '-gui text':

install-tl-windows.bat -no-gui

I hope this helps.

--