Issues with tinytex downloads

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 11:38:18 CET 2023

Hi all,

I am not a Windows expert but I see a potential problem not only with
the user name. Windows have two APIs for file access. All GUI apps use
the new one hwich has just a few limitations on file names. The old
API is retained for compatibility with the old DOS where file names
were limited to 8.3 US-ASCII (with forbidden character such as *, ?,
space etc). If a name did not fit to this rule, Windows created an
alias name from the first 6 characters followed by ~1, ~2, ~3 etc to
make it unique. I see names with ~1 even in other path elements which
could mean that you run the program in an evironment using the very
old API.

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/