[EXT] Explanation about update to luatex received via tlmgr

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 19:55:34 CEST 2023

On Sun, 30 Apr 2023 at 16:01, Sergio Callegari wrote:
> On 30/04/2023 15:30, Philip Taylor (RHBNC) wrote:
> > On 30/04/2023 14:10, Sergio Callegari wrote:
> >> I would like to also ask why
> >> http://tug.org/svn/texlive?view=revision&revision=66967 is not
> >> browsable.
> >
> > For me at least, nothing from https://tug.org/svn/ downwards is
> > accessible.
> >
> Indeed, however on https://www.tug.org/texlive/svn/ you can read:
>
> For anonymous read access
>
> For public (read-only, anonymous) access, there are a variety of methods:
>
> You can browse the repository via the web; (pointing to
> https://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/)

That one doesn't seem to work for me either.

The regular subversion cloning / svn log etc. seems to be unaffected,
and of course the git mirror does a good enough job:
    https://git.texlive.info/texlive/
to see what has changed.

I'm just somewhat confused that the documentation for LuaTeX has now
been updated (with files like
Master/texmf-dist/doc/luatex/base/luatex-lua.tex, which also triggered
a "package update" with "fake version update"), but the binary itself
wasn't changed?

Mojca