`notocondensed` package: why not provided by TL?

Frank Mittelbach frank.mittelbach at latex-project.org
Fri Apr 28 10:07:35 CEST 2023

Am 28.04.23 um 09:55 schrieb Denis Bitouzé:
> Hi,
>
> the `notocondensed` package is provided by TeX  Live Contrib and MiKTeX
> and not by TeX  Live, though the licenses (SIL Open Font License
> and LaTeX Project Public License) seems to be compatible.
>
> Why?

too big (caught me by surprise too a while back).

TLC3 therefore says on that one:

The condensed faces have their own support packages notocondensed (for
Serif and Sans) and notocondensed-mono.
Because of their size, the condensed fonts are not automatically
included in the TeX Live distribution but need a simple manual
installation. Follow the instructions at installation
https://contrib.texlive.info/ for that or download the package from CTAN.

frank