TeXLive 2023 and local fonts

Romano Giannetti romano at rgtti.com
Thu Apr 20 09:47:16 CEST 2023

On 20/04/2023 09:32, Harald Jele wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I deleted my local directory of TeXLive 2022 and installed 2023 as a
> portable installation in my homedir.

This is my configuration too. Where did you put your "locally installed
fonts" before?

> Is there a way telling TeXLive to search for the fonts again and put
> them into the fonts database of fontspec??

Basically, with a portable installation, you put all your local things
into $HOME/texmf, from there they should be picked up automatically (at
least for pdflatex and company). Lualatex and xelatex should see all the
font your system see, so basically it depends on how you add a font to
your system.

Romano

--
Romano Giannetti, Ph.D, Electronic Engineer, Professor
http://www.rgtti.com/