MacTex 2023 installation failure

Tom Kacvinsky tkacvins at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 19:07:49 CEST 2023

HI Richard,

On Sat, Apr 1, 2023 at 12:00 PM Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:

> Tom Kacvinsky,
>
> At the top of the MacTeX download page, it says
>
> "While downloading, please skim read the rest of the page. Users who run
> into trouble often write us without noticing that the solution is on this
> very page."
>
> But you don't mention any of the preliminary actions suggested there,
> leaving us to guess what kind of problem you might have run into.

I read through the section you mentioned, and this is the specific error I
get

Sometimes at the end of installation, the installer will report "The
Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.
Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." In almost all cases,
this error is caused by a faulty download. There is an easy way to check
this.

I checked the md5 sum and that matches with what is on the download page.

So I am filling out the MacTeX support form.

By the way, this is the second time today I haven't followed instructions.
*sigh*.

Tom