Rethinking TeX in STEM: Online Thu 29 Sep: 6.30pm BST (UK time): From the TeX Hour (Keiran Harcombe)

damien at thiriet.web4me.fr damien at thiriet.web4me.fr
Thu Sep 29 14:29:37 CEST 2022

Hi,

> Anyway, if you develop an alternative to zoom which will be equally
> stable and available at reasonable price, I will probably switch to
> it.
>
> Zden?k Wagner
> http://ttsm.icpf.cas.cz/team/wagner.shtml

Try BigBlueButton.
https://bigbluebutton.org/

Free if you install it on your server (but you need a larger bandwidth
than the usual one).

OpenSource project, I used it for my lessons during the lockdowns (this
means somehow 16 months). And I teach in secondary school, so I do need
a good working interface that can be used by young pupils.

Works better than Jitsi, because it is designed for large groups
(protocol used by Jitsi divides the bandwiths amoung users, so the more
users, the more problems). The only trouble is with safari, that doesn't
implement well the protocol.

Just my two pennies, sorry if I missed something already said on this
quite long thread.

Damien Thiriet