Rethinking TeX in STEM: Online Thu 29 Sep: 6.30pm BST (UK time): From the TeX Hour

peacecop kalmer: kalmer at test.tennis24.ee
Wed Sep 28 17:34:41 CEST 2022

Did you read the following sentence: "Share computer audio is still
available, but a participant must be viewing that shared screen to hear
the computer audio."? Nice try but not enough! In /Jitsi/, i would not
be limited to only hear the audio of the screen-sharer but of every
participant.

In addition: can /Zoom/ beat /Jitsi/ by allowing participation with no
account creation requirement? Can it even get close to it? Can it offer
a public room without any credentials for anytime? i guess no because
they might be interested of controlling what is going on. i would like
you to prove me wrong. i am not a protector of /Jitsi/. you can offer a
better alternative as long as any proprietary software is excluded and
your offered software is FOSS.