Rethinking TeX in STEM: Online Thu 29 Sep: 6.30pm BST (UK time): From the TeX Hour

peacecop kalmer: kalmer at test.tennis24.ee
Tue Sep 27 22:40:50 CEST 2022

Using proprietary things can lead to further extermination camps as
using proprietary things the user supports their owners who are there to
gain profit and maximizing profit maximizes inequality as there are
people who work non-profit. Furthermore, owners of proprietary things
have resources to govern others. If the owner is just then also others
can benefit from the owner's profit. If the owner is not just then the
owner can suppress others up to extermination. Is /Zoom/'s owner just or
not? On the contrary, if we use FOSS then we do not support someone's
profit but people who create value for us. That brings to another
question: Are we just or not?

i read from the conversation below that referencing was asked for
reasoning the connection between using /Zoom/ and suppressing people in
China. A rhetoric question was asked in reply whether referencing would
also be asked for suppressing Jews. Of course, Adolf Hitler did not use
/Zoom/ and we cannot find any reference for something that did not exist
that time. Some people even doubt that /Holocaust/ ever took place
regardless of many references from authorities. This brings to the
further thought that an authority for someone is not an authority for
someone else. Winners tend to write history. Now, a war is going on
between proprietary and open-source software. If the former would win
then we would need to dance according to the music of the owners of
proprietary software and eventually get suppressed and exterminated if
not needed anymore. If the latter would win we would dance according to
the music chosen of our own and have access to resources we need
regardless of the business plan of the owner. There is still a catch.
Without electricity, none of it works. And electricity costs three times
what it costed a year ago. This is because producing electricity is a
proprietary thing. Would we live in a sharing society already if
producing electricity would be open-source?