Rethinking TeX in STEM: Online Thu 29 Sep: 6.30pm BST (UK time): From the TeX Hour

Christopher Dimech dimech at gmx.com
Mon Sep 26 21:03:32 CEST 2022

> Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 5:53 AM
> From: "Jonathan Fine" <jfine2358 at gmail.com>
> To: members at tug.org, "tex-live" <tex-live at tug.org>, "TeXhax" <texhax at tug.org>
> Subject: Rethinking TeX in STEM: Online Thu 29 Sep: 6.30pm BST (UK time): From the TeX Hour

> Hi

> I write to warmly invite you to a one hour online meeting on TeX in STEM, followed by an
> optional one-hour workshop. It will take place on Thursday 29 September at 6:30pm BST
> (UK time). Please forward this invitation to others if you wish. Here are the most important
> links:

> Zoom URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/78551255396?pwd=cHdJN0pTTXRlRCtSd1lCTHpuWmNIUT09
> UK time now: https://time.is/UK[https://time.is/UK].

For something befitting the education of technically capable people, one thing is to reject Zoom.
Zoom is unjust, because it requires users to run nonfree  programs, mistreating and limiting users.
Zoom lied to users for years about its software's encryption capability and security. It also
installed malware to override security features of some browsers.

Besides sending personal data straight te Facebook, Zoom enforces Chinese censorship against
those who voice its murderous repression of protests.

Please rethink that !

Christopher Dimech
Administrator General (Gnu Project)