Failed update: texlive-scripts

Max Chernoff mseven at telus.net
Mon Sep 26 02:13:15 CEST 2022

Hi Carla,

On Sun, 2022-09-25 at 09:03 +0200, CarLaTeX wrote:
> Il giorno dom 25 set 2022 alle ore 00:53 Max Chernoff
> <mseven at telus.net> ha scritto:
> >
> > 1. Do the following files exist on your system?
> >
> >       C:/texlive/2022/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/fmtutil.pl
> >       C:/texlive/2022/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/updmap.pl
> >
> >    If they don't exist, then you can try redownloading them from:
> >
> >       https://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/
> >

> Downloaded
>
> > 2. Does running:
> >
> >       kpsewhich --format=texmfscripts fmtutil.pl
> >       kpsewhich --format=texmfscripts updmap.pl
> >
> >    give the paths of the files above? If not, you can try running:
> >
> >       mktexlsr
> >

> After running mktexlsr, the paths are given.
> Nonetheless, TLShell TeX Live Manager does not show me the possibility
> to change repository.

Were those two files missing before you downloaded them? If they were
missing, then that probably means that a whole bunch of other files are
missing too, causing the problem with the TLShell. If that's the case,
then probably the easiest way to proceed would unfortunately be a full
reinstallation.

If that's not the case, then hopefully someone else comes by with
another solution.

-- Max