Failed update: texlive-scripts

Max Chernoff mseven at telus.net
Sun Sep 25 00:53:23 CEST 2022

Hi Carla,

> no appropriate script or program found

> Logs attached.

I think that this message means that the Windows wrapper program cannot
find either fmtutil or updmap. A few things that you can maybe check:

1. Do the following files exist on your system?

      C:/texlive/2022/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/fmtutil.pl
      C:/texlive/2022/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/updmap.pl

   If they don't exist, then you can try redownloading them from:

      https://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/

2. Does running:

      kpsewhich --format=texmfscripts fmtutil.pl
      kpsewhich --format=texmfscripts updmap.pl

   give the paths of the files above? If not, you can try running:

      mktexlsr

3. Is your Perl installation perhaps broken? I'm not really sure how to check
   this, but it would certainly cause problems.

I'm not too sure what else to check. Hopefully one of these ideas is of
some help.

-- Max