[EXT] Re: Pre-press (was Re: Adobe ditching Type 1 fonts)

karl at aspodata.se karl at aspodata.se
Fri Sep 23 12:14:46 CEST 2022

Philip Taylor:
> On 22/09/2022 18:51, karl at aspodata.se<mailto:karl at aspodata.se> wrote:
> I just have had better results with PS than with pdf...
>
> Have you used Adobe Acrobat in conjunction with PDF, Karl,

Not on my own systems.

I borrowed a computer once to printout a pdf via acrobat and I
couln't make it print without it automatically scaling down,
where the corresponding ps just came out right.

> and which utility{|ies}/program{s} do you use in conjunction with
> Postscript for pre-press checks and conversions ?

I don't know much about pre-press (that is why I asked) and I
cannot judge colour aspects, I have to ask someone else for that.

I print out things like http://aspodata.se/choir/osthammar/mozart/
and I care about high contrast between black and white, I'd prefer
matte blacks (because in music performances the light is dim with
spotlights which give reflections in the blacks if they are glossy)
if I can get it, which is not available on modern lasers, high end
inkjets are close, but thoose I have looked at have blacks where
there is small white dots (in a grid) in the black, their blacks
doesn't cover the area.

Looking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prepress, I don't do
point 7, 9-11.

Regards,