Adobe ditching Type 1 fonts

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Sep 22 14:08:09 CEST 2022

Am Thu, 22 Sep 2022 03:20:11 -0700 schrieb Paulo Ney de Souza:

> The problem is Acrobat
> does a lot more than just DISPLAY. You can sign, annotate, collect, share ...

> I am pretty sure the display will stay the same, after all PDF is now an ISO
> standard, but it will be pretty nasty to loose all other operations

Sure it would be nasty. But again: nothing of this has to do with
the fonts of the pdf. So why do think that Acrobat would suddenly
refuse to add an annotation to the pdf if it contains a type1 font?

If you really think that this will no longer work in january, then
your only option is to switch to lualatex + unicode-math now. There
is no chance that pdftex will be able to handle open type fonts in
the near future.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/