Adobe ditching Type 1 fonts

khzimmer at posteo.de khzimmer at posteo.de
Wed Sep 21 11:13:52 CEST 2022

Am 21.09.2022 10:58 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:
> The problem is that pdflatex can't use them as it can't subset them.
> E.g.
>
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \pdfmapline{=cmr12 cm < lmroman12-regular.otf}
> \begin{document}
> abc
> \end{document}
>
> will give a fatal error:
>
> !pdfTeX error: pdflatex.exe (file lmroman12-regular.otf): OTF
> fonts must be included entirely

Is there any chance to change this in the near future, so
that OTF fonts could be included partially, too?

Or are there difficult technicel reasons why that's not possible?

If it /could/ be done, but is a matter of available people who
have time to do it, I might be able to contribute as a
programmer, if that helps?

Cheers
Karl-Heinz