SIAM packages

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Mon Oct 31 09:51:00 CET 2022

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de> writes:

> If you don't know in advance how many DVDs you sell the price of a
> single DVD must be higher than its production costs.  But if you sell
> them all you make profit and violate the license.
>
> This is how Sebastian, the father of TeX Live, explained the problem
> many years ago.

And this is regardless of the fact that Dante e.V. is a registered
non-profit association?

Well, I'm not a lawyer and I'm not good at understanding licences. But
maybe, all these license have some personal profit in mind whereas any
profit drawn by Dante is supposed to flow back to development of TeX and
free software.

--
Uwe