latexindent on ctan: hopeful restructuring

Max Chernoff mseven at telus.net
Tue Oct 25 00:36:27 CEST 2022

Hi Chris, Karl,

> However, Biber has a number of dependencies that are not part of
> standard Perl (IPC::Cmd, Log::Log4perl, List::AllUtils, maybe more).
> Users (of native TL) would have to install all such dependencies by hand
> (cpan install ...) before Biber could be run, which would surely induce
> yet more dependencies, site-specific problems, etc.

This seems to be the case for latexindent too, at least on my system.
When running latexindent, Perl was giving me "module not found" errors.
After I manually installed YAML::Tiny and File::HomeDir, latexindent
works great. I'm using an up-to-date TL 2022 (installed directly from
tug.org) on an up-to-date Fedora 36 x86_64 system. I know very little
about Perl packaging, so perhaps there's just something weird with my
system.

Thanks,
-- Max