latexindent on ctan: hopeful restructuring

Chris Hughes christopher.michael.hughes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 11:47:10 CEST 2022

Hi tex-live mailing list,
This message is about latexindent

https://ctan.org/pkg/latexindent?lang=en

I'm hopeful to restructure the repository so that it looks as follows:

*latexindent*
*  latexindent.pl <http://latexindent.pl>*
*  defaultSettings.yaml*
*  LatexIndent*

*    <source perl files>*

*  documentation    latexindent-yaml-schema.json    latexindent.pdf*

*    <documentation source files>*

*  README  latexindent-linux    latexindent  latexindent-macosx
latexindent  latexindent-windows    latexindent.exe*

In particular, you'll see that I am hopeful to have standalone executables
available for Linux, MacOS, and Windows, separated by folder.

I've had the above approved in principal by the ctan team.

My question for the texlive team: is the above going to be ok for texlive
across the different operating systems?

Thanks for your time
Chris