texlive 2022 for OpenBSD

Robert Alessi alessi at robertalessi.net
Thu Oct 13 10:00:30 CEST 2022

Hi,

As I will be moving to OpenBSD soon, I would like to know what would
be the recommended way (if any) to run a standard TL2022 on OpenBSD.

To date, my idea is to get the binaries from Nelson Beebe's collection
and install them with `install-tl --custom-bin=/...`,  Or rather get
`texcol2022.iso` from texlive-utah/Images and use it.

Would another way be to get the binaries from dl.contextgarden.net?
Or even build the binaries myself?

Note that I know that textlive doesn't update binaries mid-year for
good reasons and I would like to keep it that way as much as possible.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

-- Robert