dvisvgm needs rebuild to support ghostscript 10

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Sat Nov 26 22:45:34 CET 2022

On 2022-11-26 at 11:56:47 +0100, Sergio Callegari wrote:

 > All this basically mean that users in distros shipping gs 10 will need
 > to install from source (either gs 9 or dvisvgm 2.1.4 or the pre-release
 > of version 3).

Hi Sergio,
if compiling the sources is the problem I suggest that for the time
being people who are able to compile dvisvgm put their binaries
somewhere where others can download them.  In order to find out where
to put these binaries

   kpsewhich -var-value SELFAUTOLOC

is quite helpful.

We probably don't get binaries for all platforms supported by TeX Live
this way but I think that this is a reasonable workaround until
TL-2023 is released.

As far as Linux distributors are concerned I think that if they ship
the latest version of Ghostscript they should also ship the latest
version of dvisvgm.  I'm sure that they'll do, assumed that they are
aware of the problem.  It's just one dependeny among many others.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de