Updating tlmgr on Ubuntu/Linux Mint

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Thu Nov 10 15:29:19 CET 2022

> I run TeXLive on Linux Mint, but I've been unable to update or install new
> TeXLive packages for quite some time because tlmgr is outdated. I would use
> update-tlgmr-latest, but it is common on Ubuntu for the kpsewhich command
> the script runs to return filesystem root, which doesn't seem very helpful.

update-tlmgr-latest does not work with the Debian/Ubuntu/Mint packages.

Your best bet is to install TeX Live from TUG directly, and at the same
time install an equivs package so that you don't have two copies.
(Or, just have two copies if you are not low on disk space).

See https://tug.org/texlive/debian.html under
	"Integrating vanilla TeX Live with Debian"

All the best

Norbert

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live