Re: CLI completion: lualatex ≠ pdflatex and xelatex

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 15:58:43 CET 2022

so 5. 11. 2022 v 14:41 odesílatel Denis Bitouzé
<denis.bitouze at univ-littoral.fr> napsal:

> Le 04/11/22 à 17h37, Jim Diamond a écrit :
>
> > Hi Denis,
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> > I am running Slackware64 15.0, and I see the same problem (except I
> > use tex, not latex).
> >
> > In my case, the file /usr/share/zsh/5.8/functions/_tex starts with
> >         #compdef tex latex slitex pdftex pdflatex jadetex pdfjadetex xetex=tex xelatex=latex latexmk
> >
> > and I notice that if I remove the '=tex' from 'xetex=tex' and start up
> > a new zsh, all is good.
>
> Nice! The drawback is that such a modification would be erased by an
> update of the `zsh` package of the GNU/Linux distribution. Do you know
> if it is possible to have a local version of this configuration file?

I do not know, many configuration files to many tools can be added to
"something.d" directories which survive update or can also be
overriden in user's home. In addition, redhat based distros can detect
that a configuration files has user modification and the update will
not overwrite it but will be put to something.conf.new and the admin
has to choose what to do with it. Anyway, you should contact the
maintainers f your distro as well as zsh maintainers because other
users will have the same problem unless it is reported by someone and
fixed.

> > I think this is a zsh issue/bug, not a texlive issue.
>
> OK. In such a case, sorry for the noise.
>
> Cheers.
> --
> Denis

Zdeněk Wagner