CLI completion: lualatex ≠ pdflatex and xelatex

Jim Diamond JimDiamond at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 4 21:37:55 CET 2022

Hi Denis,

I am running Slackware64 15.0, and I see the same problem (except I
use tex, not latex).

In my case, the file /usr/share/zsh/5.8/functions/_tex starts with
        #compdef tex latex slitex pdftex pdflatex jadetex pdfjadetex xetex=tex xelatex=latex latexmk

and I notice that if I remove the '=tex' from 'xetex=tex' and start up
a new zsh, all is good.

I think this is a zsh issue/bug, not a texlive issue.

Cheers.
                                Jim