Would this list benefit from having a code of conduct?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Nov 3 18:34:38 CET 2022

Jonathan,I think there's already a code of conduct, and it's been perfectly adequate for the years I've been on this list (to support users of TeX Live Utility, and keep abreast of changes to TeX Live Manager): namely, people should only post items related to TeX Live, per the guidelines at https://tug.org/texlive/lists.html, quoted here for convenience:tex-live at tug.org - bug reports, package requests and packaging problems, license issues, and general TeX Live discussion of any kind. Reports about specific packages should go to the package maintainers.Adherence to basic netiquette such as not cross-posting to texhax and other lists is nice, too, but most people don't need that reminder.regards,AdamOn Nov 3, 2022, at 8:06 AM, Jonathan Fine <jfine2358 at gmail.com> wrote:HiPerhaps this list would benefit from having a code of conduct. Based on my own experience, both here and elsewhere, my answer that is that it is worth trying. What do you think?If you want, we can discuss this tonight at the TeX Hour (see https://texhour.github.io/).  It starts 3.5 hours from NOW.Here are some links you might find helpful:https://www.debian.org/code_of_conducthttps://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/code-of-conduct.htmlThe previous item, the Linux code of conduct, is based on the work of:https://www.contributor-covenant.org/Perhaps Contributor Covenant, which I've not seen before, would be a good place to start.with kind regardsJonathan