SIAM packages

Christopher Dimech dimech at gmx.com
Wed Nov 2 11:26:28 CET 2022

Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2022 at 9:15 PM
From: "Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute)" <P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk>
To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech at gmx.com>
Cc: "Martin Sievers" <martin.sievers at schoenerpublizieren.de>, tex-live at tug.org
Subject: Re: SIAM packages

On 02/11/2022 09:02, Christopher Dimech wrote:
No wonder [the UK TeX User Group] folded, there was no future in it, mostly because of the bad ideas
of passed over individuals that got way too old to be of any use.  Yourself,
for instance, brought much disagreement, and saw no point in lifting a finger
with regard to the UK TeX User Group.
You must have a remarkable memory, Christopher, given that I resigned as a member of UK-TuG in 2006 — perhaps you could remind me, as your memory is clearly far better than mine, in what way I "brought much disagreement, and saw no point in lifting a finger with regard to the UK TeX User Group".

--
Philip Taylor

May I remind you of the rant of how you called us amateurs simply because our work is not done within the
framework of some well known corporation.  It would have been very easy for those reading, to read those
sentences as implying that we are inexperienced or unskilled in a our activities.  Totally untrue.

Although it is not something that cannot be fixed among ourselves.  Would you agree?