Typos in manual pages & Binaries

Hilmar Preuße hille42 at web.de
Tue May 17 23:24:07 CEST 2022

Am 16.05.2022 um 00:19 teilte Karl Berry mit:

Hi Karl,

>      [2] https://lintian.debian.org/sources/texlive-bin
>
> Egad, what a disheartening list.

Usually we simply ignore it and attack it only if there is some time to
kill.

>      If you need patches, let me know.

First round for manual pages

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/debian-tex/texlive-bin/experimental_2022/debian/patches/spelling_in_manual_pages

Let me know if you can take over some patch hunks or if they are not
useful at all.

> Yes please, that would be most appreciated. Also, a few of those
> reports need to go upstream from TL -- for example, pmxab, scorprt,
> xml2pmx are maintained by Bob Tennent <rdt at cs.queensu.ca>.
>
> By the way, the no-manual-page list seems somehow incorrect.
> For example, upbibtex.1 does exist in TL, with a single line:
> .so man1/pbibtex.1
> I believe a number of the others (not all) are handled in the same way.

Thanks for the pointer. I'll have a look at this. As you noticed the
report is quite old and things improved in the meantime.

Hilmar
--
sigfault