\input and \file_if_exist:nTF search diffrent paths in texlive-lualatex.

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Mar 21 09:04:10 CET 2022

Am Sun, 20 Mar 2022 16:51:38 -0600 schrieb Karl Berry:

> Yours is evidently the second report about this in a dozen years or so.
> It would be nice to have it fixed, but one more year does not seem
> terribly critical.

Personally I'm not affected as I never use --output-directory, but
while looking at it I found another difference between miktex and
texlive which affects all engines: If I have child.tex in a
subfolder, and then call pdflatex --output-directory on this file:

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}
\input{child}

\input{child.tex}
\end{document}

Then miktex compiles fine, and finds child.tex for both \input, but
in texlive the first one errors.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/