Using lacheck on LaTeX3 styles

Jan Braun Jan.Braun at klein-gallien.org
Thu Mar 10 20:20:30 CET 2022

Good evening everyone,

(I am not member of the list, so thanks to everyone, who included
me in their replies.)

> Am 10.03.2022 um 19:51 schrieb Marcel Fabian Krüger <tex at 2krueger.de>:
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 12:14:21AM +0100, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>> I think that the problem of LaTeX3 is that the \catcode of an
>> underscore is set to 11 (letter). […]
> The L3 programming layer does make underscore (and the colon) a letter but
> that's not the only change. It also changes the catcode of space to
> ignored, therefore they should never cause unwanted spaces. The tilde
> gets catcode space, but I think it's rather unlikely that someone
> accidentially inserts a space through a tilde, so disabling the check
> makes sense.

At least, the tilde is easy to spot and harder to insert.

Karl, my programming skill are rusted, to say the least.  Its 20
years ago, that I coded in C.  So, I won’t be any help here. :-(
But given the fact, that L3 is still evolving and not that wide
spread as is good old LaTeX (tm), a day or two more to wait for
this patch to come won’t hurt anyone, I’d say.

Thank you all for your great support.

Bye

   Jan

--
Jan Braun (er/ihm)
Jan.Braun at klein-gallien.org

=== ypchsh /usr/local/bin/emacs === go FORTH now … ===