pretest 2022 begin

Peter Ragosch peter.ragosch at kabelmail.de
Tue Mar 1 10:17:44 CET 2022

Hello Karl, and everyone involved

on Linux raven 5.10.98-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Feb 6 12:22:54 UTC
2022 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Installation of pretest runs without any problem.

Test of an lualatex document runs without any error.

_Great work!_

But one think I noticed:

Is it OK that the GUI doesn't follow a linked path or maybe I have
	wrong link settings ?

Settings and what I did:
My TL's are placed at one partition /data/opt/texlive/<year>/…
and linked into the root partition at /opt/…

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 16. Jan 2021  /opt/texlive -> /data/opt/texlive

the …/<year>/… directories below belong to the USER (me).

In ~/.zshrc I changed the year of the TL path to …/2022/…
download the pretest installer into ~/Downloads/TexLive/2022_pretest
#> wget https://texlive.info/tlpretest/install-tl
and run
#> ./install-tl -gui -repository https://texlive.info/tlpretest/

The Gui does not show the linked path to /opt/texlive/<year>/… but
/data/opt/texlive/<year>/… could be directly selected.

Any hint or suggestion?

Greeting
Peter

On Sat, 26 Feb 2022 19:46:27 -0700
Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone.  I think the pretest area is populated with the first
> build for TL 2022. See https://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html as usual
> for details of how to install (unchanged from previous years), and
> the list of notable changes that I've got so far. Additions or
> corrections to the news are greatly appreciated.
[… snip…]