Biber doesn't match biblatex

Enrico Gregorio enrico.gregorio at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:55:08 CEST 2022

> On 24 Jun 2022, at 11:45 , Greg' Ar Tourter <artourter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I can confirm I get the same problem:
>
> ERROR - Error: Found biblatex control file version 3.9, expected version 3.8.
> This means that your biber (2.17) and biblatex (3.18) versions are incompatible.
> See compat matrix in biblatex or biber PDF documentation.
>
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 at 10:36, Uwe Siart <usenet at siart.de> wrote:
> After today's update biber and biblatex versions are out of sync and so
> biber aborts with an error, saying that biber 2.17 doesn't match
> biblatex 3.18.

Not for me (MacTeX, just run TL Utility and updated everything). I took
one of the documents used for an answer on TeX.SX, run pdflatex to set
version 3.9 and got

> biber schiff
INFO - This is Biber 2.18
INFO - Logfile is 'schiff.blg'
INFO - Reading 'schiff.bcf'
INFO - Found 1 citekeys in bib section 0
INFO - Processing section 0
INFO - Looking for bibtex file 'schiff.bib' for section 0
INFO - LaTeX decoding ...
INFO - Found BibTeX data source 'schiff.bib'
INFO - Overriding locale 'en-US' defaults 'normalization = NFD' with 'normalization = prenormalized'
INFO - Overriding locale 'en-US' defaults 'variable = shifted' with 'variable = non-ignorable'
INFO - Sorting list 'nty/global//global/global' of type 'entry' with template 'nty' and locale 'en-US'
INFO - No sort tailoring available for locale 'en-US'
INFO - Writing 'schiff.bbl' with encoding 'UTF-8'
INFO - Output to schiff.bbl

Ciao
Enrico