install-tl change of behavior for setting TEXMFHOME ?

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Sun Jun 19 16:21:49 CEST 2022

Has install-tl changed behavior recently (e.g., past two weeks) in terms of how TEXMF configurations are set? Could someone point me to a change log?

I have a script that does something like the following:

------
# download install-tl.tar.gz
cd install-tl-*
./install-tl
------

If I run this script with sudo, I get the following:

$ /usr/local/texlive/2022/bin/x86_64-linux/kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFHOME
/root/texmf

I'm not sure, but I think the output in this case (even when the script was run with sudo) used to be: /home/<my user name>/texmf.

I'm guessing this change of behavior was intended since when the script is run with sudo $HOME is indeed /root, but I just wanted to double-check.

Thanks to everyone for their work on TeX Live!

Scott