Koma-Script doc/source files installed with doc/source disabled

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Mon Jul 25 10:15:11 CEST 2022

On 24/07/2022 23:59, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Philip,
>
> it is not up to you to decide on the license an author chooses.
> Did you send your email to DEK for using a very particular license for
> TeX itself?
>
> If you think the license is not free, please contact the TeX Live Team
> (Karl and me) with legal advise on the matter, and we will reconsider.
>
> Until this time, we are honoring the license requests by authors.

You completely misunderstand my position.  While I abhor licences for
free-as-in-libre software, I fully respect the right of authors to
associate a licence with their work, and I regard Markus' licence as in
no way unacceptable.  As I hope you will have gathered from this thread
by now, it is not the licence that is the problem — it is the fact that
the TeX Live installer enforces a multi-user licence when a user is
installing software for his or her sole personal use.  It is the TeX
Live installer that requires attention, not Markus's licence.

--
/Philip Taylor/