Koma-Script doc/source files installed with doc/source disabled

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 17:16:08 CEST 2022

ne 24. 7. 2022 v 16:59 odesílatel Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute)
<P.Taylor at hellenic-institute.uk> napsal:

> On 24/07/2022 15:52, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>
> Hi Philip,
>
> are you a volunteer whou would develop a multiplatform code which will
> delete KOMA script if installed without docs and a second user is
> added to the computer?
>
> No, Zdeněk — I am a user of TeX Live who is defending the right of a fellow user to install software for his sole use without being required to conform to the requirements of a multi-user licence.  I find it very odd that in the world of so-called "free" software (free-as-in-libre, that is), the freedom of a user to install software for his sole use without being required to conform to the requirements of a multi-user licence can be such a contentious matter when it is clearly his inalienable right.  Perhaps Max should take his case to the European Court of Human Rights.

The user can install TeX Live without KOMA script and then install
KOMA script from CTAN without docs. TeX Live developers are not able
to check that it is installed to a computer with a single user and no
user will never be added in the future hence assumption of the
multi-user installation is the only legal way. The author has the
right to choose a license and the distributor MUST follow it.

Zdeněk Wagner