Koma-Script doc/source files installed with doc/source disabled

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sun Jul 24 16:33:07 CEST 2022

On 24/07/2022 15:15, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Can you please READ what Markus wrote and think TWICE before writing?

I /*READ */what Markus wrote; I thought /*several times*/ before
writing.  And after thinking several times, I still reached the
conclusion that Max Chernoff /*cannot*/ and /*should not */be required
to conform with the requirements of a multi-user licence if he is
installing on a single-user machine.  The fact that the TeX Live
infrastructure does not make it possible for KOMA-script to identify
unambiguously whether or not it is being installed on a multi-user
system is clearly a defect in the TeX Live infrastructure which should
be addressed.

> You are very unconstructive.
Please avoid /ad hominem/ attacks, Norbert — it is unfortunately only
too characteristic of your preferred style of replying, and does little
or nothing to enhance your reputation.
> The worst effect is that koma-script is removed from TL and all other
> distributions ....

Yes, licencing requirements, whilst clearly necessary and acceptable for
proprietary software, are a complete and utter pain in the @rse in the
open-source world — I have never thought otherwise.  The sooner they are
abolished for free-as-in-libre software the better.

--
/Philip Taylor/