TeX Hour: 7, 14, 21 July: Open Space: TeX + ICM 2022 meetings, software doc'n

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 16:03:38 CEST 2022

Hi

The TeX Hour for the next three weeks (Thursday 7, 14 and 21 July) will be
an Open Space. All  are welcome, especially from beginners and outsiders. I
hope to hold further Open Space meetings on Accessibility later this year.

TeX Hour: Open Space: Thursday 7, 14, 21 July, 6:30 to 7:30pm UK time.
Zoom URL:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/78551255396?pwd=cHdJN0pTTXRlRCtSd1lCTHpuWmNIUT09
UK Time Now: https://time.is/UK.

Here are my links for the Open Hours. But your contributions will get
priority (if you wish).

TeX Conference
=============
The 2022 TeX Conference is July 22 to 24 July. https://tug.org/tug2022/.
Registration (free or donation) is still open.

International Congress of Mathematicians
================================
The 2022 International Congress of Mathematicians is happening right now.
The ICM was due to be held in St Petersburg, Russia. At short notice it's
been replaced by an online conference, with in-person events in Finland.
This enormous step will influence mathematical communication for many years.

The prizes were announced yesterday (in Finland, and streamed on YouTube).

https://www.mathunion.org/imu-awards/fields-medal/fields-medals-2022
https://www.mathunion.org/imu-awards/leelavati-prize/leelavati-prize-2022
https://www.mathunion.org/imu-awards/chern-medal-award/chern-medal-award-2022
https://www.mathunion.org/imu-awards/imu-abacus-medal/abacus-medal-2022
https://www.mathunion.org/imu-awards/carl-friedrich-gauss-prize/carl-friedrich-gauss-prize-2022

 Anything related to the ICM is welcome at the Open Space. I've a special
interest in the mathematics of June Huh, who was awarded the first Fields
Medal for combinatorics.
https://www.mathunion.org/fileadmin/IMU/Prizes/Fields/2022/JH_FM.pdf
https://youtu.be/HJvb7aQcIXo

The ICM awarded a Fields Medal to Maryna Viazovska, Ukraine. The second
woman, after Maryam Mirzakhani, to get this prize.
https://www.mathunion.org/fileadmin/IMU/Prizes/Fields/2022/MV_FM.pdf
https://youtu.be/yAyuipqM5uQ

The Leelavati Prize (public awareness) went to Nikolai Andreev, Russia.
https://www.mathunion.org/fileadmin/IMU/Prizes/Leelavati/IMU_LeelavatiPrize22_citation.pdf
https://youtu.be/L10LHSVswR0

Case studies of software documentation
Examples include: