TeX Live 2021 and FreeBSD 13.0

Alois Steindl Alois.Steindl at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 24 20:37:44 CET 2022

Hello,

I am quite angry about your statement, that the installation documents
are that bad, that you cannot recommend them. Feel free to improve them;
if your suggestions are really better than the current state, I am quite
sure that the maintainers will be happy.

If the existing instructions are too complicated for a user, I have
serious doubts, that it would be a good idea to install any TeX
distribution. (La)TeX has a rather steep learning curve and if someone
fails to manage the first steps, it might be better to stay with Word.

Just my 2c

Alois