xecjk depends on ctex since v3.8.3

Akira Yokosawa akiyks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 03:22:41 CET 2022

On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 18:58:14 -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
>     xecjk is a member of collection-xetex.
>
> By the way, does xecjk in fact still only work under XeTeX nowadays, or
> does it also work under LuaTeX?

I'm just a casual user of xecjk, but in xeCJK.dtx
you can see the following code:

    % \pkg{xeCJK} 必须使用 \XeTeX 引擎的支持。
    %    \begin{macrocode}
    \msg_new:nnn { xeCJK } { Require-XeTeX }
      {
        The~xeCJK~package~requires~XeTeX~to~function.\\\\
        You~must~change~your~typesetting~engine~to~"xelatex" \\
        instead~of~plain~"latex"~or~"pdflatex"~or~"lualatex".\\
      }

This means it still requires XeTeX to work.

>     Can you add a dependency on ctex to xecjk?
>
> Ok, done.

Thanks!

>      I see ctex has a dependency on xecjk among others.
>      Would such cyclic dependencies cause trouble in TeX Live?
>
> It works out ok, as far as I can tell, thanks to Norbert's
> implementation of finding all the dependencies before installing packages.

I see.

        Thanks, Akira