"! Undefined control sequence. <argument> \fail" after update. But what package?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 16:29:49 CET 2022

Hi,

as default, LaTeX does not trace the error, it just displays the line
number but not the file and does not show what triggered the error.
Add the following to the beginning of your main file:

\errorcontextlines=999

It will then show the complete trace of the expansion leading to the
undefined control sequence.

Zdeněk Wagner