Latest babel breaks with lualatex and amsmath

Sergio Callegari sergio.callegari at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 08:37:40 CET 2022

Hi,

It looks like the latest babel breaks compilation with lualatex on
documents using amsmath (see https://github.com/latex3/babel/issues/175).

Babel and amsmath are such important pieces of infrastructure that in
case a proper fix cannot land very soon in babel proper, it can be quite
important for users to be able to revert to 3.71.

I have some questions in this regard:

- Is it possible to download a package and keep it around for
installation as one would do, say, for a `deb` or `rpm`. In other words,
would it be possible to download something like babel.r62007.tar.lz4
package from somewhere for later install from command line?

- To make sure that babel.r62007.tar.lz4 that I currently have in the
backups does not get accidentally deleted or autodeleted, I am copying
it somewhere else. In case it gets deleted is it enough to drop it back
to the backup directory or must there also be some reference to it in a
database?

Thanks

Sergio