[EXT] Re: With beamer, "Missing { inserted." (regression)

Bernhard Kleine bernhard.kleine at gmx.net
Fri Feb 18 12:23:00 CET 2022

Am 18.02.2022 um 10:45 schrieb Philip Taylor (Royal Holloway):

>> That really isn't an issue here though, there is no reason to suppose
>> this hypothetical naive latex user should know plain tex syntax at all
>
> Are there really such people, David ?  I find it hard to believe that
> /anyone/ who uses (any dialect of) TeX seriously would not have read
> the TeXbook from cover to cover many times.  LaTeX is /based on/ TeX,
> and therefore I would have thought.that one needs a sound knowledge of
> TeX if one is to be able to use LaTeX effectively.

Yes there are! I am using LaTeX since the late eighties, I own the
texbook, but I do not understand it mostly, since I am not a programmer,
only in interested in writing scietific texts for a variety of purposes.
The programming with TeX und Latex is beyond my reach.

Bernhard

--
spitzhalde9
D-79853 lenzkirch
bernhard.kleine at gmx.net
www.b-kleine.com,www.urseetal.net
Ich darf auf mein neues Buch "670 Falterarten im Hochschwarzwald" aufmerksam machen
(Infos bei mir)
-
thunderbird
GPG schlüssel: D5257409
fingerprint:
08 B7 F8 70 22 7A FC C1 15 49 CA A6 C7 6F A0 2E D5 25 74 09