With beamer, "Missing { inserted." (regression)

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 11:58:50 CET 2022

Just to be precise, the information that x^\frac{a}{b} does not need
braces is based upon a wrong assumption. The official manual says what
\frac is supposed to yield in the printed output but does not say how
it should be implemented. This means that in the future the LaTeX
developers may freely change the definition and it will need braces as
\sfrac needs. It is not a good habit to rely on undocumented features
while \textbf1 and \frac1x are based on features documented in The
TeXbook.

Zdeněk Wagner