Update of biber missing

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 17 15:36:44 CET 2022

Am 17.02.22 um 14:41 schrieb Bruno Voisin via tex-live:
> Herbert Voss wrote
>
> Based on what Norbert Preining wrote in another thread earlier this month, it might simply be a matter of
>
> 	sudo tlmgr platform add universal-darwin
> 	sudo tlmgr platform set universal-darwin
>
> In this way you'll get the Mac binaries for 2021, and use them. All are universal binaries (= x86_64 + arm64) compiled by Dick Koch, hence the directory name, except biber precisely which was compiled by its author for x86_64 I think then sent to Dick for inclusion in TeX Live.
>
> Afterwards you can also run
>
> 	sudo tlmgr platform remove x86_64-darwin
>
> if you want, to remove the unused binaries.

That is not the problem! The problem is why I have with macTeX
a correct setting:

iMac:Intro4 voss$ tlmgr platform list
tlmgr: package repository
ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/tex/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet (verified)
Available platforms:
[...]
(i) universal-darwin
[...]

but on another machine (also BiGSur) with the installation of texlive not??
There is no (i) in the output. I'll try to reinstall TeXLive and see
what happens.

I have TL2021 running since it was published, but never realized this
problem,
because binaries are updated not so often.

Herbert