tlmgr and installation of binaries

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Wed Feb 9 11:48:14 CET 2022

On 09/02/2022 10:29, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Am Wed, 9 Feb 2022 11:07:26 +0100 schrieb Alois Steindl:
>
>> As I understood the (third paragraph of the) initial post, Pierre asked
>> how to install the binaries for all architectures at once.
> The second paragraph said
>
> "I plan to install the binaries for Linux musl and Netbsd"
>
> These are only two architectures and so Norberts answer was quite
> suitable.

Well, Ulrike, if you believe that installing */two /*binaries with */two
/*commands is "quite suitable" for someone who asks "how to install
*/all /*the binaries with */one /*command", then you and I must have
very different views on suitability.  OK, it will result in two binaries
being installed, but it is hardly an answer to Pierre's question.  If
Pierre had asked how to poach an egg, and Norbert had told him how to
fry one, would you have also felt that that was a "quite suitable" reply ?

--
/Philip Taylor/