Unable to Uninstall TeX Live 2021 on Windows 10

软信1802-王瀚锐 2150137096 at qq.com
Mon Feb 7 09:59:37 CET 2022

Hello.

I’m having trouble uninstalling TeX Live 2021 because there is no “uninst.bat” file in installation directory, nor control panel entry for TeX Live.

I installed TeX Live 2021 via ISO image (double-clicking “install-tl-windows.bat” file in it) on Windows 10. On the installer, the only thing I did is I changed the installation directory, toggled "Portable setup" on installer, which made options "Adjust searchpath" and "Desktop integration" grey, and then clicked install. After checking that installation had succeeded, I found TeX Live was not added in control panel and environment PATH. Now I want to uninstall the whole TeX Live 2021 and re-install it, but I couldn’t find the uninst.bat file in “<texlive_root>\tlpkg\installer” directory.

So do you know how to get my TeX Live uninstalled under such condition (and hopefully without side effects?)

Best Regards,

Olivier