Package pst-flags: location of the .sty file

Patrick Bideault pb-latex at gmx.fr
Thu Dec 29 16:00:00 CET 2022

Hi all.

Using a state-of-the art TeX Live, updated today, I have been testing the pst-flags package. I do this for the technology watch of the Lettre GUTenberg; its last issue is here:

https://publications.gutenberg-asso.fr/lettre/article/view/101/94

For this testing purpose, I have copied an MCE from the documentation of the package:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{pst-flags}
\begin{document}
Flag of US: \rput(0,0){\flagUS[2]}
\end{document}

... and I got this error:

! LaTeX Error: File `pst-flags.sty' not found.

The pst-flags.sty file happens to be stored in my computer, at /usr/local/texlive/2022/texmf-dist/doc/latex/pst-flags/tex/pst-flags.sty

Shouldn't it be stored at /home/USER/texlive/2022/texmf-dist/tex/latex/pst-flags/tex/pst-flags.sty ?

Best,

Patrick Bideault
GUTenberg
France

Copy to Denis Bitouzé, who helped on the dedicated question on TeXnique.fr :
https://texnique.fr/osqa/questions/11599/fichier-sty-present-via-tex-live-mais-compilation-impossible