tlmgr key add creates wrong path

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Fri Dec 9 13:25:32 CET 2022

Today I decided to enable GnuPG verfication in my TeXLive on Windows.
Following the instructions on

<https://www.texlive.info/tlgpg/>

I did a one-time install of the tlgpg package, which finished
successfully.

But when I try to add the texlive public key I get the following error:

C:\Users\siart\Downloads>tlmgr key add texlive.asc
tlmgr.pl: key import failed, output:
gpg: keyblock resource '/c/Users/siart/Downloads/C:\Programme1\texlive\2022\tlpkg\gpg/pubring.kbx': No such file or directory
gpg: keyblock resource '/c/Users/siart/Downloads/C:\Programme1\texlive\2022\tlpkg\gpg/repository-keys.gpg': No such file or directory
gpg: keyblock resource '/c/Users/siart/Downloads/C:\Programme1\texlive\2022\tlpkg\gpg/repository-keys.gpg': No such file or directory
gpg: key 0D5E5D9106BAB6BC: 2 signatures not checked due to missing keys
gpg: no writable keyring found: Not found
gpg: error reading 'texlive.asc': General error
gpg: import from 'texlive.asc' failed: General error
gpg: Total number processed: 0

tlmgr.pl: An error has occurred. See above messages. Exiting.

Seemingly, tlmgr tries to add the working directory in Unix syntax to
the beginning of the paths.

Any clue what could be the reason for this?

Thanks
Uwe