Installer

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Wed Apr 27 10:15:54 CEST 2022

Hi Milan,

(moving this to the tex-live mailing list, since texhax is not really
the best place for that!)

thanks a lot. I took a look at the repo, and it is fast indeed.
Unpacking needs to be done into the same directory, though.
Concerning the xz compression, is Python using some library or the
external xz/xzdec command, do you know?

I am still thinking about how we could reasonable integrate such
"alternative install cores" into the whole infra. In particular, since
it would not only be for the installer itself, but also for tlmgr.
But with tlmgr, there are a lot of additional requirements (reverting to
previous version if installation failed, ...) that is not clear to me
how this can be easily done.

Still, it is a great start, thanks a lot!

All the best

Norbert

> https://github.com/skaanbilly2/tex-live-installer

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live