texlua issue on raspberry pi

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Sun Apr 17 02:03:14 CEST 2022

On 2022-04-16 at 14:44:35 +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

 > On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 at 14:37, Bob Tennent wrote:
 > >
 > > Mojca:  I presume "point the installer to these binaries" means using the -custom-bin option.
 >
 > Yes. https://www.tug.org/texlive/custom-bin.html
 >
 > > But can this be done after a normal installation of TL2022?
 >
 > I cannot test on this machine.
 > I see that tlmgr has an option to change the default platform, but I
 > don't know whether you can also tell it that you want to switch to
 > custom bin:

I simply replaced the binaries in bin/armhf-linux with the binaries I
compiled myself.  There will not be binary updates between TL releases
except for Windows.  And if there are updates though, they will
certainly support GLIBC_2.28.  And if everything goes wrong it's
always possible to extract armhf-linux.tar.xz at any time again.
In this case it's not necessary to adapt PATHs, everything works as
usual.

I think that custom-bin is useful for platforms which are not
supported by TeX Live at all.  But in this particular case I don't
think that the effort isn't worthwhile.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25