texlua issue on raspberry pi

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Apr 16 23:26:01 CEST 2022

    For this reason Karl deliberately compiles TL for x86_64-linux on a
    reasonably old system.  They perfectly work on newer systems too.

For the record, for some years now the {x86_64,i386}-linux{,musl}
binaries have been compiled via the github autobuild system, set up by
Norbert, rather than by me.  https://github.com/TeX-Live/texlive-source

But yes, we use an older os (centos7, with devtoolset-9 to get a newer
compiler, since the libraries require it).

I write the build system info given to me in the Build/source/README
file, for the sake of people who might like to try building from
scratch. --best, karl.

P.S. Congratulations on getting the binaries, Bob. Irrelevant now, but
I'll just mention that I notice that Nelson built 32-bit arm binaries,
downloadable here:
http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive-utah/bin/armv7l-archlinux.tar.xz
and info: http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive-utah/#archlinux-arm32