texlua issue on raspberry pi

Henri Menke henri at henrimenke.de
Fri Apr 15 22:07:29 CEST 2022

On Fri, 2022-04-15 at 15:52 -0400, Bob Tennent wrote:
> > Check the following instead:
> * lsb_release -a
>
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Raspbian
> Release: 10
> Codename: buster
>
> * cat /etc/os-release
>
> PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
> NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
> VERSION_ID="10"
> VERSION="10 (buster)"
> VERSION_CODENAME=buster
> ID=raspbian
> ID_LIKE=debian
> HOME_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/"
> SUPPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums"
> BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs"
>
> * dpkg -l libc6

> Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-
> aWait/Trig-pend
> > / Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> > > / Name           Version           Architecture Description
> +++-==============-=================-============-
> =================================
> ii  libc6:armhf    2.28-10+rpt2+rpi1 armhf        GNU C Library: Shared
> libraries
>
> > Please make sure that you are running Raspian 11 (Bullseye) since
> that's what the armhf binaries of TeX Live have been compiled for.
>
> Apparently I'm not but I have no intention of updating the operating
> system
> on this device. Is there no alternative approach?  I suppose I could
> reinstall TL2021, which didn't have this issue.

You have a couple of options:
- Upgrade Raspbian to 11
- Downgrade TeX Live to 2021
- Recompile the TeX Live binaries on Raspbian 10
- Ask Johannes Hieschler to compile the binaries in TeX Live 2023 on
Raspbian 10 again and wait for TeX Live 2023

Unrelated, but please use the "Reply to list" functionality of you
email client when answering emails on the list. You emails are all
lacking the In-Reply-To header with the message id of the thread, so
every time you write to the list, the server thinks that the message is
unrelated which messes up the thread. Right now it looks like you are
replying to yourself:
https://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2022-April/thread.html

Cheers, Henri